ANSYSTM MechanicalTM ACT extension
Version 15.0 and higher supports ACT extension for 3D PDF publishing.
Together with MESco, we’ve created ANSYS Mechanical ACT extension for quick 3D PDF publishing. Extension is free, works with ANSYS Mechanical 15.0, 16.0 and 16.2. Extension will evolve together with pdfPost to provide wide range of post-processing tools. Currently, three versions of extension are available and following functionalities are available:
- “Elemental mean” results on a 3D geometry;
- “Nodal Averaged” and “Nodal Unaveraged” results on a 3D geometry;
- 2D and 3D elements;
- geometry deformation;
Extension produces pdfPost input data files together with XML configuration file. Further customization is possible directly in pdfPost converter.
How does it work?
Tutorials for both extension version and can be found here.
Video below, shows how easy it is, to export ANSYS Mechanical simulation directly into the PDF document. More videos can be found on our youtube channel (based on extension v2).
- Install extension in Workbench (only for the first time);
- Add extension to the project;
- Create required ANSYS result object;
- Right-click on result object and save the data in *.txt file (ANSYS project “user_files” directory is the default working directory);
- Add pdfPost result object. When prompted, select the previously created *.txt file;
- After evaluating results, pdfPost input files will be created in working directory;
- Open XML configuration file in pdfPost;
- If necessary, further customization of the PDF can be performed;
- Click Document -> Create 3D PDF;